How do I uninstall RebateInformer using Windows XP?
To uninstall RebateInformer from a computer using the Windows XP operating system, follow these steps:
- Click here if you are using Windows Vista
- Click here if you are using Windows 7
- Click here if you are using Windows 8
- Click "Start" and then click the "Control Panel" link.
- In the Control Panel, click on the "Add or Remove Programs" link.
- Locate and select the RebateInformer program and click on the "Remove" button.
- The RebateInformer Uninstall window will appear, Click on the "Yes" button to completely remove RebateInformer and all of its components.
- When RebateInformer has been removed, click on the "OK" button.
If RebateInformer did not completely uninstall from the computer, follow the steps below.
How to remove RebateInformer from the Start Menu:
- Click "Start" and then "All Programs", right-click on "RebateInformer" and then select “Delete” in the menu.
How to remove the RebateInformer Desktop Icon:
- Locate the RebateInformer icon on your desktop, right-click on it and then select “Delete” in the menu.
How to remove RebateInformer from Program Files:
- First, make sure that RebateInformer is not running. Open the Windows Task Manager, select the “Processes” tab, locate “RebateInf.exe”, right-click on it and then select “End Process” in the menu.
- Click "Start" and then click the "My Computer" link.
Click on the “Local Disk” (C:)” icon.
Click on the “Program Files” folder.
- Locate the RebateInformer folder, right-click on it and select “Delete” in the menu.
How to delete RebateInformer from Startup:
- Click "Start" and then "Run"
- Type in "msconfig.exe" and click "OK"
- A new window will appear. Go to the "Startup" tab. First, untick the checkbox REBATE, then click on "Apply", and the click on "OK"
- You will be prompted to restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Once the window appears, click on "Restart".